Monday 10 May 2010

Messin around

Now I have two cars in the barn I can start messing with stuff which will hopefully encourage me to get going with the mammoth task ahead. Don't expect immediate results though as I spend a huge amount of workshop time procrastinating!
As long as I've had the '66 it's been sprayed primer grey so I dug out the wet and dry and carefully removed some of the primer to find the original paint still underneath.
I think its pretty cool looking but with the amount of rust in the lower areas of the car and the non original wings I don't think I'll be doing the whole car.

 Prior to starting any work on the '66 I bagged some brand new TMI interior panels for a bargain price on good ole eBay. Being the messer that I am I couldn't help but stick them in just to see how they looked. I like them a lot and plan on getting red seat covers to match and probably respraying the steering wheel Cream to match the knobs and winders.
These are the original diagonal only seat belts, might try and keep them if they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment