Monday 10 May 2010

Nasty discovery

One of the reasons for getting a new space to store and work on my cars was the fact that my old barn gets a lot of rats in it. I have managed to keep these out in the past but they always find or gnaw a new way in and when they get it they make a mess. So I spent most of last weekend with a bucket of disinfectant and a hose cleaning all my parts and tools that had been in any kind of contact with rats.
One of the things that needed cleaning was a pair of cloth front seats for a beetle that had been sitting around for a while. When I moved the seats I realised how bad they both smelled then I noticed a small hole in the base of the back rest in each seat. When I ripped off the back of the seat cover (they were to far gone to save) this is what I found:





Yup that's right an extremely smelly rats nest in the back of each seat. They had dragged in any bits of paper or plastic that happened to be lying around and set up a lovely little home. Sorry if you were eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment